Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Our Specials Teachers are Special!


I have a daughter that is one smart cookie and does well in school, but she LOVES her specials classes.  She loves to come home and tell me what she did in Art, Phys. Ed., or Music class.  To her, these classes are just as important as reading, writing and math.  I agree!  They are helping to make her a well rounded person and exposing her to new ideas and ways of thinking.

At my school I am blessed to have amazing specials teachers.  They care about kids, energize students, and are awesome at what they do.  This year, I have been overwhelmed by what a great job they have done collaborating with one another.  They work on projects, brainstorm grants, and bring their classes together for great experiences.  It is amazing!

One more thing I have to brag about them . . . All 3 have worked hard to share what they are doing with families.  When you teach 600 kids a week, it's not easy to communicate with all of your students' families.  These teachers however have harnessed the power of technology to share their classrooms with our families.
They are an amazing group!  




No comments:

Post a Comment