Thursday, January 7, 2016

I Almost Pulled My Hair Out!

LUNGES & LATTES - Lunges & Lattes Blog
http://cliparts.co/clipart/2880362

It seriously took all my patience to not pull my hair out. 

What was I doing that was so nerve-wracking?  I was letting my daughters type an email to our family members.  They composed the email together and my oldest daughter did well, but when the little one stepped in to help, oh boy.  She had trouble finding the correct keys and took five minutes to type one sentence.  It was enough to put this tired mom over the edge.  So what did I do?  Nothing.  I let her type the email all by herself.  When she was done, thankfully I still had hair and she was super proud of herself.

Sometimes the hardest job as a parent is to not step in to help or take over.  Whether it is chores or homework, we have to remember kids often learn the most when we give them some independence.  If they want or need our help, they will let us know but until then it is okay to give them some space to grow on their own.  The control freak in me will have to take a break, and hopefully I'll still have some hair and some independent, confident daughters when the day is done.    

No comments:

Post a Comment